Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rights

Before recently I have never really thought about gay marriage and whether or not I believed that it should be legal. After reading the various articles and having discussions in class I have somewhat formatted an opinion on the topic. In almost all cases I am incredibly conservative and I am the first to admit that I have a very conservative view of the world. However, I do not believe like some conservatives do that gay or bisexual Americans should not be allowed to get married. I feel like all Americans, regardless of who they fall in love with, should be able to get married. Marriage is more than just a way to express love for someone but as we learned in one of the essays it is a way to be legally bound to the person that you love. It is because of this that I think you should be able to marry whoever it is that you want to marry. I do feel the need to point out that not all conservatives are against gay rights and while some are they do not represent the entire conservative party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment