Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nonacademic Education

Yes I value the nonacademic education that I have received at Orchard and that I am receiving at University. In my opinion a nonacademic education is a way for students to understand more about their personal interests as opposed to what they are forced to learn during the average class schedule. I think that it is more rewarding to learn based on your own interests as opposed to what the administration makes you learn.  When students grow up and get jobs they are hopefully going to choose a job that interests them. Because of this I think that it is important for students to be able to choose what classes they want to take. Not all of us are going to be scientists or mathematicians  so why should we have to suffer through math or science classes when we would enjoy a nonacademic course like choir or art more. I value the nonacademic education that I am receiving because it allows me to understand what I like and what I don't like. Having a nonacademic education also enables me to figure out what kind of career that I want to have when I am older because I get to explore my own interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment