Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In class rhetoric

  I thought that the presentations of rhetoric today in class were very interesting and many people chose subjects that I would never have thought of. Personally I enjoyed Erin's presentation because it was about advertisements on the front of the various stores. Erin showed an advertisement that was about American Eagle. This advertisement showed American Eagle clothing on people who were incredibly happy. This was interesting because you do not think about the message that is being put into your head when you look at various advertising. I also thought that Sammie's example if rhetoric was interesting because it focused mainly on art in the various small towns. I also found it interesting that the art that she showed was the work of her aunt. I also enjoyed Ian's presentation because I thought that his idea of showing a school bus with various designs was an imaginative idea. I thought that this project was very entertaining because it made me think about the use of rhetoric that convinces me to purchase things or to go places without my knowledge on a daily basis. 

1 comment:

  1. Kenzie-

    I had forgotten about Ian's presentation, but I agree with you that I thought his picture was very interesting. I liked listening to his interpretation to the picture and what the rhetorical strategies were used through the picture!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete