Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Response

Pg. 267 Paragraph 

This paragraph shows just how let down Wright felt when he first entered the streets of Chicago. In this paragraph he discusses the idea that he could dream of nothing because he new that it would not come true. I thought that Wright would greatly enjoy Chicago because he was not segregated from the rest of society. However in this paragraph it discusses the notion that Wright being black in America meant that no matter where you were there were things that you can not do and should give up even dreaming about doing. I found that this paragraph was interesting because it showed me another side of Wright that I had not seen. I liked these series of paragraphs for that reason. This paragraph especially stood out to me because it expressed the hard time that black people had during this time period whether they lived in the North or the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment